- FFIT going well with Natty and Steven, 10 men and 11 ladies are past the halfway stage and already one participant has lost an incredible 11.3kg (25lbs).
- Coaching at Clerkhill School is ongoing and Danny Strachan continues to do great work at Buchanhaven School having a positive impact as Wellbeing Coach as pupil attendance levels continue to increase.
- Peterhead is the first venue to kick off John McMaster’s “McMaster and Commander” Highland Tour 2023, this event will take place at Balmoor on 19th May at 7.30pm and tickets can be purchased here
- Mother Nature again refused to play ball this week with both the game against Dunfermline and training at Balmoor called off. We are indebted to the army of volunteers who answered our call for help and came to help clear the pich, albiet all in vain. Chairman Rodger Morrison has been a part of many pitch clearances in his time and he admits that the success ratio is low however it’s always worth trying our hardest to get the game played as the financial implications of a postponed match are huge for a club of our size. A rearranged midweek fixture makes things very hard for a part-time club both on and off the pitch as we inevitably lose our match and ball sponsors who cannot commit to a Tuesday night as well as most of our corporate hospitality. The away support decreases therefore the revenue associated with those who travel diminishes but there’s also the added problem of part-time players working during the day before playing a game against a full-time team who have rested ahead of the game. A far from ideal scenario but one that we just have to accept and do all we can to mitigate for.
- The club has now submitted our response to the Scottish Governmen’s consultation group regarding the restriction of alcohol advertising and promotion in sports. This is only at the consultation phase and more discussions will take place over the coming months.