- Sammy the seagull has cut a forlorn figure in our kit cupboard since our last mascot volunteer Gary hung up his wings for good, if you think you’d like to take up Gary’s mantle then please do get in touch. Very few job requirements other than the applicant will have an extrovert personality and like to throw some shapes at a Saturday game dressed as a scurry.
- Although we have a larger North contingent of players now, we do still have South and Dundee based players to transport to games and training. The logistics of this can be difficult however, we have always had two large mini-buses on the road to collect players and deliver them home…until last Summer. Unfortunately we lost both buses (won’t go into detail!) and have been working on replacing them since. We had one donated from Brian Henderson to ease the pressure and now it looks like we may have another added to our fleet soon…more info to follow.
- Our immensely popular Christmas Party Nights for 2023 went on sale and have had a huge uptake already – for more info head to the Double D Entertainments page here.
- Snow has caused havoc with training this week, so no Balmoor session and the game v Dunfermline requires a Saturday 8am pitch inspection. The pitch has now been cleared by a brave army of volunteers so it will depend on overnight temperatures as to whether we get the green light to play.
- Sol Davidson took over from Douglas Hossack as our match camera-man quite a few years ago at the tender age of 15 and was responsible for filming and putting together a highlights package for every home game. With the advent of the pandemic, Sol’s job became redundant as our automated system took over generating a match recording for each game played at Balmoor, now edited from Duncan Brown at Nepix. We are therefore pleased that Sol is now back doing some voluntary work for us again in creating new graphics for our social media as we aim for more homogenised club branding.